Sunday, April 9, 2017

Establishing Shots and RailSea Style

Here is the Establishing shot that you sent
 My first task was to take your layout and make it fit into the railsea world. I decided to give myself a shape limitation, and only use trapazoids. I used this limitation, because I was concerned that my shape choice would seem non-committal and would lack cohesion. There are also some story driven reasons why I chose trapazoids in particular. This took a surprisingly long time to do. I'd like to chat a bit about how to speed this up, and to speed up in general.





I'm not pleased with any of these value studies. I think I'll do some more before moving to the next step.


I also felt at this point that my trains an buildings where under designed so, I took a break from this image and spent some time thinking about the shape language of the trains and buildings.




No comments:

Post a Comment